An expansive rear elevation solution that combines a pinnacle tier grilling deck and eating pavilion with open-air decrease level patio that boasts a complete bar, TV, and billiards has received a “Contractor of the Year” (COTY) award or Michael Nash Design Build and Homes.
The layout answer—in which a rear deck has been replaced with a -tier lodging that offers a wide-variety of out of doors leisure components– changed into introduced into the house of an Ashburn couple, who had bought the assets numerous years ago.
The mission turned into named metro Washington’s “Best Exterior” via the National Association of the Remodeling Industry’s Metro DC bankruptcy.
In accepting the prize, Michael Nash president and founder Sonny Nazemian become short to acknowledge his company’s excessive-performance layout group, which grappled with numerous site and interior layout challenges.
“Developing a greater pleasing courting among a house and its setting is increasingly more a pinnacle priority to local owners as they continue to occupy their homes,” the remodeler observes. “Northern Virginians love the temperate weather and rich green surroundings, so finding practical, aesthetically-eye-catching methods to attach the house with what’s just outside the door is a strong local hobby– especially as spring turns into summer time.”
Owners of the nearly 5,000 rectangular foot residence had been specifically in search of a bendy indoor/outdoor answer that might higher rationalize the connection between the residence and an in-floor pool brought ultimate 12 months.
The plan known as for an organic approaches of segmenting out of doors play location’s from numerous formal and casual dining zones.
“We were looking for an answer on the way to paintings properly for 6 or seven months of the yr,” Nazemian provides. “This is the actual essence of effective indoor-out of doors layout.”
Aesthetics being a major consideration, the design group exercised superb care while combining colors and textures into elevations and surfaces that complement the natural setting.
The deeper satisfaction for the owners, although, is the superbly articulated indoor-out of doors layout with its many properly-described, cleverly-incorporated activity zones, to wit:
• Designed to supplement an in-floor pool, the plan functions an eating pavilion and grilling deck at the pinnacle stage. One level underneath, there is a blanketed patio with a 5-seat bar, plasma TV and a billiards table. A wrought-iron spiral staircase facilitates site visitors between the 2 levels.
• The shaded decrease patio gives a pub-like atmosphere entire with a beer faucet, seating for six, a plasma TV and a pro-caliber billiards table; the top degree features an eating veranda linked to the kitchen and an open-air grilling deck.
• A flagstone-rimmed planter presentations azaleas and different spring flora. Stone is now the integral thing that marries the revamped exterior to new hardscaping that wraps the pool.
• Doric columns with recessed panels add beauty to the open-air setting. The unifying motif keeps to the open-air grilling deck. Flooring is wood-patterned porcelain tile. The sliding glass door segues into a circle of relatives room with a fire.
• The built-in bar is equipped with an under-counter fridge and a bar faucet. The spiral stair way helps get right of entry to from the pinnacle tier. The pearl tone porcelain tiles offer a tonal complement to the knotty grey stain ceiling–softly illuminating the scene, even on rainy days.
• The wrought-iron spiral staircase additionally gives direct get admission to to the again backyard and poolside decking.